Wednesday 11 June 2014

Annoying pets and yummy baguettes







The first little learner to step into the classroom this morning, did so by announcing to the world that he was a tuna baguette! 

He was of course sharing his choice of school dinner for today, but it is spur-of-the moment and out of context statements such as this one, that always manages to raise a smile and a good o'l chuckle among the Reception Team at Sunnyside School. Indeed, such statements positively enhance their day. It is also statements such as this one that continues to keep Mrs Crayon well stocked with some splendid doodle and rhyming material.

Other classic little learner one-liners have included: "I've got a kangaroo in my book bag", "There's an elephant in my pond", and "I've got an Easter egg blocking my throat".

However, it was the little learner who announced to The Team, that his hamster repeated everything he said, that has always firmly stuck in Mrs Crayon's rhyming mind. And just as the whole dinner lady trapping incident featured in last week's post prompted a long over due rhyme, so has the notion of an overly chatty hamster.

So.....take it away once more Mrs Crayon!




I bought m'self a hamster

I bought m'self a hamster,
But he's gettin' on me wick,
It seems he has developed
An irritating trick.
For everything I say to him 
He then says back to me,
I never knew a hamster
Could chatter endlessly.
At first I found him funny,
So I showed him to me mates.
But now he's gone beyond a joke
'Cause on me nerves he grates!
I think it's time he took a hike
'Cause in my family,
There's room for just one chatterbox,
And that chatterbox is ME!



"I should have bought a rabbit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment